February 11, 2010

A little sewing for Mr. Poodle

Early in our planning I searched for inspiration so I could show Mr. Poodle my ideas for him, we both liked the idea of something really casual, and he decided he would like  to wear a vest instead of suspenders (our first choice), so he left the search in my hands but I couldn’t find anything I like 100%. That’s why I decided to make it myself!

I wanted to make something for the guys, since I’m making the dresses for all my bridesmaids :) So this was the perfect project, very simple and *hopefully* cute!

I found the exact fabric I wanted at Joann, and I used the online coupon so at the end the materials were really cheap ( about $30.00 for material to make 5 vest).

And as soon as we got home I started cutting, I used one of Mr. Poodle’s old vest as my pattern for the shape, because I didn’t like the pockets that one had. Ok, enough words, now let me show you!
 vest1So first I cut all of the pieces, one for the back and two for the front.

vest2  Here you can see the back and fronts
( I’m using a solid darker brown for the back, and in person it’s not as shiny as the pictures show, damn flash! :P )


vest3 Then I cut two stripes and I sew them to the back, I’m planning on putting 2 buttons one on each end of the back stripes.

vest4 The first fitting, to see how the back fit, no pockets yet, but I did mark with pins the exact place he wanted them.

vest5 After that I cut a straight line and sewed two pieces on each side of the cut.

vest6 Here you can see the two pieces already sewed on the front, after that I turn the fabric to the back through the hole and TADA! a pocket!


vest7 I sew the edges and close the pockets on the inside.

I though it look very nice but I wanted to add a little secret detail, so on the inside of the left side I stitch this! TE AMO = I love you


vest8 And since it look kind of lonely I decided to close everything on a heart.


vest9 Here the final result after sewing all the edges of the vest

vest10 Here the final fitting were we decided I’m going to put 4 buttons on the front
(it’s going to look better with the buttons )

vest11
And this is how the TE AMO looks in the inside :) Mr. Poodle really like it and he didn't see it until the very last fitting, so it was a cool surprise until then lol




Are you taking in your hands the look of your groom?
blog comments powered by Disqus
  Home
Related Posts with Thumbnails