November 12, 2009

The Poodles make it legal: The dress

Some time a go I asked you all help on deciding inspiration for my dress, but at the end I only made the dress for our E-Pics, things got really crazy with the move so I couldn't even start the dress I had planned for this occasion.

So because my first attempt of finding a budget-friendly-casual-beach-wedding-dress from a stores I was not successful at all, I told Mr Poodle I could just get a plain dress and transform it. We head over to Sears and found a long turquoise dress at $9,99 - That's an awesome price to me hehe!

So this is the dress we bought

beach-wedding-dress1

…and the transformation began! I first cut it to the length I wanted, take the necklace kind of straps and cut two stripes out of the leftovers to add at the bottom.

beach-wedding-dress1b

and as usual, while I cut and hand sew, Curly slept like a baby!

beach-wedding-dress2

After I pinned and sew the bottom ruffles, I cut different sizes of circles to make fabric flowers

beach-wedding-dress3

I made 3 different sizes of flowers and played with them on the top of the dress until I was happy with the way they look.

beach-wedding-dress4

I sew the new straps, the flowers and little beads to the center of the flowers and TA DA! the dress was ready!!

beach-wedding-dress5

Here a little close up to the flowers :)

beach-wedding-dress6

and the final pic!

beach-wedding-dress7

I'm really happy with the way it looks now! So one thing out of the list for our legal ceremony!

next up on The Poodles make it legal – Gifts and ceremony preparations!

Previously – The Plan
blog comments powered by Disqus
  Home
Related Posts with Thumbnails